Collection: Part Two

Research

Rebecca Horn

Rebecca Horn is well known for impressive style installation. She has a bold style on doing her work. One of her work “Finger Gloves, 1972” has really successfully show her style of work. Her work really show an ideas focus on the connection with touch and sensory. It’s beyond what the public definition of art.

Also my other favourite work from her is “White Body Fan, 1972”. I think she has the guts and boldness to play with the size of it. And the most impressive part of the work is that when the ‘fan’ is flat, it shows a really nice geometric round shape, but when it wore by a person, it has shown a different sensation. This artwork makes me think of Issey Miyake's work(fashion line 132 5), that’s also the reason why I like her work.

Finger Gloves, 1972 (Rebecca Horn)

Dawn series (0030809)(Frances Richardson) Colour Pencil on hand- made cotton paper (Fabriano Roma) 480mm x 660mm 2010-12

White Body Fan 1972 (Rebecca Horn)

Frances Richardson

Frances Richardson invented sort of another way to convey a message. She used (-), (+) to make the whole artwork. Her work is really similar with mark-making. Her work has two ways to see it. When you walk back, you see a really nice shape with different gradient made with different density of (-), (+). When you look closely, you can see beautiful pattern it had made, and the delicacy of the line quality. It’s beautiful and stunning. Her work is really interesting that could leads people to think and open a interesting discussion among people. No doubt one of my favourite artist. Her work never fail amazed me. Her different approach on making art makes her stand out.

Frances Richardson